- The activities of the institute are determined by the individual and collective initiatives of participating Time researchers.
- The activities of the institute should be in agreement with established scientific principles and methodology.
- The purposes of institute include:
Directions of current research programmes in the institute include:
- Helping researchers to understand the diverse implicit and explicit notions of “time” that predominate in numerous scientific disciplines
- Creating, supporting and promoting conditions and circumstances that enhance the further professional interdisciplinary study of time
- Providing a center around which Time researchers may collect and meet, thereby achieving a "critical mass" in the larger scientific community, eventually yielding a more supportive research environment generally for temporology
- Catalyzing the acceptance and adoption of new scientific ideas.
The formal composition of the institute incorporates:
- The explicit construction of models of time that reflect the latter’s explicit and implicit meaning and application in diverse scientific fields
- A better comprehension of the nature of “variability” as manifest in the natural sciences and the further development of suitable and preferable means for its measurement and characterization generally
- The integration of research in the modelling of time and the nature of “variability” leading to new theoretical and practical techniques that can be employed in diverse scientific disciplines and contexts
- The experimental research on and investigation into the natural referents associated with temporal simulations
- The coordination of diverse semantic constructions and models as interpreted from the different disciplines of the natural sciences.
Current activities of the institute include:
- A scientific council
- The continuously active interdisciplinary seminar "Study of the Time Phenomenon"
- A virtual educational center
- A scientific library
- A virtual library: "Bibliokhronos"
- Frequent and regularly conducted conferences and discussions
- The facilities, editorial staff, and content of the electronic journal: "Study of the Time Phenomenon"
- The facilities, editorial staff, and content of the institute’s cumulative works: "On ways to understanding of the Time phenomenon"
- The facilities, editorial staff, and content of an institute glossary
- The facilities, editorial staff, and content of a biographic directory
- Central office and associated facilities.
The institute is committed to evolving and developing in new and unexplored scientific directions and, as such, progress is not necessarily delimited to the bounds of current dominant research paradigms. The institute maintains a fundamentally open attitude towards exploring new domains, testing novel hypotheses, and experimenting with alternative heuristics.
The institute is committed to working together with other professional researchers of diverse disciplines and backgrounds in a spirit of cooperation as befits a commonly shared scientific attitude towards exploration and discovery.
The activities of the Institute are coordinated by the Scientific Council. A researcher may become a member of the Scientific Council if his academic biography includes or indicates:
- The realization of diverse research programs that study of time
- The compilation of reports and discussions generated from the regularly conducted and active "Study of the Time Phenomenon" seminars, periodic on-site symposiums, and other virtual conferences
- The recurrent publication of the electronic journal "Study of the Time Phenomenon"
- The upkeep, management, support, enlargement, and improvement of the institute’s virtual library: "Bibliokhronos"
- The upkeep, management, support, enlargement, and improvement of the institute’s catalogue of publications topically concerned with time studies
- The upkeep, management, support, enlargement, and improvement of the institute’s bibliographic collection of papers, books, and other physical media topically concerned with time studies
- The preparation of electronic and virtual pedagogic tools and aids for courses and lectures, including textbooks, “popular-science” publications, as well as general educational material intended for public consumption on the problems of time
- The organization of and arrangement for dissertation defences and other qualifying exercises for scientific and educational works in temporology
- The preparation and pursuant publication of the institute’s works in the electronic series: "On Ways of Understanding the Time Phenomenon"
- The creation, upkeep, management, support, enlargement, and improvement of the virtual biographic directory: "Researchers of Time: Past and Present"
- The creation, upkeep, management, support, enlargement, and improvement of a glossary on temporology
- The preparation, upkeep, management, support, enlargement, and improvement of the millennial measurement project.
- He/She is the managing member of a research program related to the study and modeling of time
- A bibliography of original, scientific publications related to the problems and issues of time and temporology
- The actual execution of research or organizational work in one of the institute’s divisions.